Monday, November 17, 2003

shallow

i have this weird way of shopping.  it's a bit of an obsession.  if i walk into a store with light blue shirts, sweaters, hats, or scarves, i have to take them each, one by one, hold then across my face, and see if they match my eyes.  i've been doing it for a few years now, and i think it has gotten kinda old for those around me (part of why i love to shop alone).  i feel like it's egotistical, but on the Grand Scale of egoism, it barely registers.  i like my eyes.  they're my favorite feature.  so if i want them to stand out, they'll stand out, dammit!


sometimes i realize i could look so good all of the time.  then i realize that i don't care enough, which may be why i prefer dressing and shopping for other people.  so instead, i have all these baby blue hats, scarves, sweatshirts, sweaters, tee shirts, button downs, crewnecks...  i've yet to find the absolute match, but that's probably because my eyes change with my moods.  they're bright and clear blue when i'm tired or sick.  grey when i'm sad.  green when i'm excited.  and a lovely mix of the 3 when i'm just me.  that's all i've noticed, at least.  why do i care?  i'm not sure.  but i do.


and i think i expect you to, as well.

1 comment:

  1. 1. a reader left...
    Tuesday, 18 November 2003 2:34 am
    Awesome! I get you completely...
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete