Tuesday, February 10, 2004

today

nextel is totally rocking.  they have the best web site ever.  you can enter all this address book info, and decide which you ant in your phone, and so forth.  v fun.  AT&T, on the other hand, is giving me a migraine.  not only is my phone dead so i can't answer calls, but i can't get to anyone's phone numbers.  seriously - the screen freezes and it shuts itself off.  i bought a new battery on ebay (panasonic discontinued this phone, and both they and AT&T don't give 2 shits about the fact that i am phonelss and contatc-less), so i'm hoping with a new battery, i may get to keep the phone on long enough to copy down all the numbers i want.


school is so good!  that is a hugely shocking statement to come from me, btw.


funny thing - i got a baby-sitting job with this woman who knows my rabbi's daughter, but my phone was being crappy, so i didn't catch how she knew her.  anyhow.  i spoke to the woman on sunday, and she says "are you related to the weiss who just got engaged?"  so i said "i am the weiss who just got engaged."  she also knows avraham's mother.  still not hearing the whole thing (more phonre being crappy), but i figure i'll ask her when i see her.


i baby-sit for her (very cute) daughter, and at the end of the night, i ask her how she knoes the bronsteins.  her husband says "well, Rabbi Bronstein works for Rabbi Charlop..."  and i say "yeah, i know, but how do *you* know him?"  and she says "I'm Rabbi Charlop's daughter."


Rabbi Charlop, who not only works with Rabbi Bronstein, but is Becky (Fine) Charlop's father-in-law.  Becky is my rabbi's daughter and my brother-in-law's cousin, and i know other branches of the Charlop family as well.


all in all, very funny, and must be repeated back to Rabbi C at some point.  didi i mention how totally cute the baby is?


 


ps: re: my phone being dead, please email me your numbers if i should have them.  thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment