Friday, November 19, 2004

title

i have this issue.  i hate when people are attention whores.  i hate people who blog so that other people will wonder who they are, will fantasize about them...  it makes me physically ill, like watching a girl spread her legs in public to tantalize whatever guys might be looking her way.

yet i blog.  and i blog about myself and my life.  my random thoughts.  i blog mostly because i have a place online where i can dump my thoughts and share them with the people i care about.  sometimes i meet nice people through my blog, and we stay in touch.

but i'm quickly freaked out by the people who will IM me as if they know me because they read my blog.  i run as fast as i can.  meaning with some people (daniel, as an example), they took the time to tell me about themselves.  i know who they are, can relate to some degree, have a mode of conversation beyond what they've gleaned from my writings.

but the fact that people davka look for that, pursue that...  i can't wrap my head around it.  no more than i understand selling yourself.  it's just gross.  and knowing people who get caught up in such blogs  - i don't even know what to say to them.

it's like guys who want paris hilton.  it's just disgusting.  how low do you have to be to let yourself caught in the head games and bull shit?  i mean, paris hilton is a punchline to me.  i kinda feel bad for her, tempered by the knowledge she does it to herself.

argh!!!!!!!  i just don't GET it!

so i'm not sure how i feel abou my own blogging right now.  i know why i do it.  i'm just not sure how many of you do.

2 comments:

  1. 1. 'muse' posted on the Fri 19 Nov 2004, 2:41 pm
    IT'S ALL GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 21 Nov 2004, 4:44 pm
    So the whole calling you up and just breathing into the phone thing is not cool?
    You should have told me earlier. I mean BEFORE the restraining order.
    At least I can still IM you and just breathe into the computer, but somehow that seems like a bad idea.
    Oh well. Such is life.
    Ilan

    ReplyDelete