Thursday, January 29, 2004

patience, my dear

i'm the most jittery, impatient, annoying person who has ever tried to sit still. when i'm excited i bounce, when i have a secret i want to burst... when i sit for too long, i jiggle - my feet, my hand, sometimes my head.

so it amazes me that i kept quiet abuot my boyfriend for so long. as you may have noticed, i'm blogging pretty rarely these days. it's not that i hve less time, or less to say, it's that i want to share every thought, every everything, and i know i can't, so i share nothing instead. annoying, i miss blogging, and .

so... i called someone a prude the other day on protocols. i felt bad about how harsh i was, but the thing is, the guy really pissed me off. it's ok to not like a link someone posts, and to comment to that end. even to say "i found it offensive" or "i think it's detrimental to your readership". but to use that dislike to launch a personal attack? the way it was framed made it seem that posting that link was a motivating factor in the commenter's opinion of the person.

which is when the prude thing popped into my head. it made me think of those people who see someone do somehting hey wouldn't do, and then judge that person as bad. not cool! and so not the place to air personal issues.

i'm not sure if i have a point here. i believe i'm rambling, and i've lost myself in the middle. again. dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment