Monday, September 1, 2003

what i think about as i fall asleep

so it occurred to me recently that someone could make it through of his or her life very slightly retarded, just enough that other people can tell, and never know. which is waaaaaaaaay exisstentialist (and therefore beloved to me). and then i thought "what if *i* am one of those people, and i just never knew it?' which could be true of all of us. and then once my brain had had enough fun bouncing that around, i decided it needs to be a story. and so i have this wonderful existential concept, but no story. maybe the person realizes when self-testing for a psych class, or taking an IQ test online, or some such. but what's the story? or maybe there is none, and it's a short arty film that no one but me and the people v high on random drugs will ever understand. : ) even more existential - to have no one understand the story, and therefore the pain, the emotion.

stop me.

i want to start a band. kinda punk, rock, folk, and whatever other mood i'm in.

and i want to meet someone fabulous. i want to meet a raffi, but where it can work out. raffi, raffi. when i get tired, you're all that's on my mind.

i feel suspended in my life, as if everything has progressed but me, where it wouldn't surprise me if my niece and nephews one day are older than me, and i'll remain here, in limbo, 23 forever, young, single, and lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment