Tuesday, September 30, 2003

keeping track

still stuck at -.5 lbs. gr.

to date i have gotten a number of strange marriage proposals. the first that i recall was in the middle of the street on a shabbat afternoon when i was about 14, spatting with a friend's much older brother who stopped and asked me to marry him. in retrosspect i realize he was half serious, and that skeezes me out a bit. ah, well.

the next one i recall was probably a year later when my boyfriend, who was all of 16 at the time, asked me very sincerely and sweetly to wait for him because we were meant to be together. my heart still tugs when i think of him, btw - and we didn't get back togther three years later, although he did repeat the proposal. story for a different time, am getting too emotional for the feel of this post.

next one that comes to mind was my boyfriend at the end of junior year who three weeks into our relationship wanted to know if we should announce our engagement before i went to israel, or right when i got back. hello scaring me off!!!!!!

so it was a hop skip and a jump to break up with my next boyfriend at the beginning of senior year when he bought me a ring for my 18th birthday. nice ring, but boys - be sure and check with your girl before you go planing a wedding. she may not be ready just yet.

i'm just gonna skip a bit cause not only do i not immediately remember, i'm too tired to think about it and dredge up names right now. the next one i want to share is my friend asking me to wait 4 years until he's done with college to marry him. cute boy! no.

then there are my friends, roomates, neither of whom should count other than it's an ongoing game to see if i'll actually agree ot ru noff to vegas with one of them. no, i won't. love you guys dearly, but you'rebeter together then i could ever be with either one of you.

not to be left out, the highly complimentary proposal from across seas, yonder UK, from the dashing gallant i've yet to meet. *kisses* *hugs*

last but not least, an avid proposal tonight from a young stranger who has been charmed by my wily internet ways. otherwise known as blogging and IMing all night. la. he promises taht his is one of the last ones, as my 'dude' is on his way. lovely, thank you all, and to all a good night.

ps - bought little black pointy-toed shoes with a queen anne heel. adorable. they go with the skirt i got @ old navy. fun,shopping for chag @ what is essentially a crapshoot store.

No comments:

Post a Comment