Monday, December 13, 2010

God is Good

Life is sometimes a matter of inches.

We drove to the city today for #3 to see a doctor. I was sitting in the back next to the baby, reading liner notes from Elton John's new album. I suddenly heard a bump, screeching brakes and felt the car move. I looked up and back in a panic only to see that a 5-car pileup had just happened behind and next to us, ending at the car immediately behind us. Somehow, Avraham saw what was happening and jerked away just in time.

The girls could see the accident and had a lot of questions about what had happened. One car had slammed into the car behind us, one car had slammed into the concrete divider, and 2 cars behind it were piled up as well. I just looked at the people in the car with me, the 4 most important people in my world, and breathed complete and utter thanks to HaShem that we weren't car #6.

About 300 feet later, we passed a cop who was taking down info at a fender-bender, and he called in the accident. I was thinking about the night that Avraham got hit, wondering if the people driving by that night felt the way we did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment