Sunday, November 15, 2009

Been a while...

I am totally wrecked/exhausted, and really really cold.  Anemic? Who knows.  But Snuggies are not the answer, people! Please tell me that no one I know is actually going out and buying these things with the intent to wear them. And if you think you can wear a Snuggie ironicaly, you're wrong.  You're just practiciing for when you're a fat old loser. Trust me, I'm an expert in some of those fields.

So, it's been a while since I played here.  Hm.  Well, in the meantime I believe I've managed to have 2 kids and live in 3 separate houses all in the same zip code.  Impressive, I know.  I'm in the middle of a bit of a tiff with the director of Fred's school - and before you ask, no, Fred and Gus are not their real names.  Bigger is Gus, Little is Fred, and if you want to konw the real names, you must be somene we know in real life. Back to the director. So Fred is a smart little bugger, much like her older sister, but precociously bright.  This past summer when she was 1 and a bit, she was at camp 5 days a week with the 2-3 year old group.  All of a sudden, she starts school in a class for 1.5-2.5 year olds, and she starts regressing.  Gone is my independent child who talks a mile a minute.  Instead I have this (adorable) kid who wants to be held all day, and often refuses to speak, opting to grunt and point instead.  She'll speak when we refuse to respond, so it's all choice, and it's really pissing me off.

I'd quickly mentioned my concerns both to the teacher at the start of the year and to the director a few weeks ago.  I called again this past Friday to follow up with the director. Now, I am convinced that she doesn't like me, so it's a bad start in general.  I was on my best Ima phone behavior - Is this a good time? If not, when can I call back?

So, I tell her my concerns, and my feeling that she would benefit from being in the next older class.  And the director tells me that she is not "academically ready for things in the older class like cutting, or circle time".

Now, I may not be a pre-school director, but last I checked, circle time is not an "academically-ready" skill set.  And when I nicely reminded the director that my daughter *can* handle running with the big kids, as she did this summer, the director very snottily replied "Yes, you said so." Emphasis on 'you', by the way.

So now I'm unhappy with the class she's in, not being listened to by the director, and on top of it she's talking down to me!? Why am I spending $400 a month on this? I very badly want to go down there and lay into her, but what would that gain other than a potential black eye for the shul?

Fred's camp director has offered to speak with the school director and vouch for her ridiculous abilities, but I don't feel the need to fight to keep her in a school that's so counter to working with us.

So, the Momma is backing down for now, waiting to hear if Gus' school has an opening. If not, I think Fred will be leaving 'school' and spending her mornings with me - between the library and some Mommy and Me classes, we should be golden.

But in my head, just know that as I was hanging up the phone, I totally bit that woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment