Tuesday, July 20, 2004

i wish i could

Q1:
Thank you for replying quickly to my previous request concerning Hanover Broccoli. I have a question:

We recently bought freshly picked green beans from a farmer’s market - they were organic green beans, ie., I understand that to mean that there were no pesticides used in growing them . Does this present a problem of bugs? Do I have to check each green bean before cooking/using it?

Please advise...they’re aging in my fridge.

Thank you.


A1:
Beans in the United States are generally clean. However, on rare
occasions, beans may be infested with worms. In such instances, there are usually telltale holes on the surface of the beans. As an added precaution, or when beans have been stored for a lengthy period in warm and/or humid conditions, soak beans for approximately half an hour. Wormy beans will generally float to the top of the water.

Q2:
Just to clarify - I meant STRING (green) beans. Is the answer still the same?

Thanks

A2:
Yes, we are aware that you were talking about string beans. String beans are called string beans because they are beans. Just stringy

No comments:

Post a Comment