Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Things that make me happy

1. Batya is finally going home. This may be the best news I've ever heard.

2. That my kids looks like me. It must be a little selfish to want to see myself in my kids, but there youhave it - I love that when I look at my munchkins, especially when they're being cute or brilliant, I see a bit of myself in there. And when they're misbehaving and I see myself, it's also kind of amazing - I see the things they learned from me that I need to curtail, I see the faces they make that are just like my nieces and nephews, and often I'm highly entertained by the stories they tell and the shenanigans they pull in trying to get out of trouble. In short, looking at my children makes me happy.

3. This color

4. And this color


5. Cooking artichokes - boiling, steaming, or roasting, doens't matter. Smells great and reminds me of Abba.

6. Singing with my kids on Shabbat while Avraham is at shul - there is a sweetness to the time that we *have* to spend plugged into each other. While we choose it during the week, making it fun on Shabbat is more challenging, and therefore more rewarding.

7. Listening to my kids laugh together. It's completely infectious and makes me think how fun life will be with them and for them. It's good to know that they will always have each other to rely on, and will want to be there for one another.

8. Driving to Pennsylvania. I just get happy when I cross into my home state.

No comments:

Post a Comment