Thursday, September 15, 2005

hee

St. Peter is captured by the Romans and they try to get him to recounce
Christ. First they threaten him with 50 years hard labour in prison.
St. Peter looks them in the eye and laughs, "With the love of my Lord
and Saviour, 50 years will seem but the blink of an eye."

Angered
they threaten him with torture. Saint Peter gives a defiant chuckle and
says "With Lord Jesus on my side the worst torture you can devise will
seem but the soft tickling of a downy feather."

Finally the
Romans have had enough of St. Peter's smugness and they threaten him
with crucifixion. St. Peter laughs, "Crucifixion? Feh! I could do that
standing on my head."

1 comment:

  1. 1. 'A visitor' posted on the Fri 16 Sep 2005, 12:22 am
    Wouldn't it make more sense to call him Peter? The joke only makes (some) sense if he's still alive. You guys are totally invited for a shab. Problem is that I am playing rabbi every other shab, but let's be in touch. I don't have your email, btw.

    ReplyDelete