Friday, September 23, 2005

ah, the music of it...

so, i finally got all my old music back.  back story is that i had all this amazing music on my computer and at one point copied it onto discs to transfer to my dad's mac to put on my ipod.  then my (HP) computer completely died cause the fan was malfunctioning.  i sent my darling laptop to them for fixin', only to have it completely stop working three weeks after i got it back.  when i sent it in i wasn't able to turn it on, and therefor unable to back it up (yeah, i should have been backing up all along, but i'm lazy). and they for some reason decided that the way to fix the fan was to WIPE my hard drive.

assholes.

so, along with losing all of my music, i also lost everything i'd written in school - poetry, short stories, articles, and an interview with mikey.

some of that i've dug up here and there, but the music was gone, the cds had been trashed by my parents' very effective cleaning lady.

then i asked my brother if he had actually copied all of those cds to his computer along the way, and he told me that not only had he done that, but his friends had burned them to a dvd.

after a few months of nudging (and being a bit of an asshole myself, thank you), i got the dvd from him.

the velvet undeground and atari tracks were mostly not functional, but i got just about everything lese back.  yay for music again!

so i'm now listening to the indigo girls for the first time in forever.  van morrison, MxPx, moxy fruvous, moulin rouge (those all have 'm's in them).  kid fears (with michael stipes) is one of the most powerful songs i've ever heard in my life. 

also, remind me in the future that people with herniated dics in their backs should not be moving furniture, nomatter how old the painter dude is.  cause he's just fine, and i've been in agony for 3 days.  RAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i really do enjoy roaring.

1 comment:

  1. 1. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 25 Sep 2005, 2:49 am
    interesting- i've got a refurbished HP laptop, and when i bought it the fan sounded weird. after working with it for a summer and feeling it get WAY too hot, i took it in and had the heat sink/fan replaced. a few months later, the hard drive crashed and had to be replaced as well. coincidence? i'm not sure, but it's quite possible the heat buildup had a detrimental effect on the hard drive. thank G-d this was all under warranty at the time. and before ipods. and anyway, my ipod is twice the size of my computer and i back nothing up.

    ReplyDelete