Monday, April 25, 2005

Movie - Boondock Saints

This is going up early as i'm running off to vacation in the next 12 hours.
This is the movie you all expected me to open with.  Or at least, should have expected me to open with it if you've ever spoken to me in real life.

Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done
Genre - Action/Drama (does that begin to encapsulate it?)
Stars - Willem Dafoe, Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, David Della Rocco, Billy Connolly.  if you didn't already know that, i'm not sure what to say...
Key Points - Irish Men, Irish Men in Boston, Irish Catholics, Catholicism, Clearing Scum off the Earth
Points to Ponder - Were they sanctified in jail when the water dripped from the crack (one crack broken into 3, like the trinity)(the next morning is the first reference to being 'saints')?  Note that as the scenes progress, Smecker's involvement in the telling of the story becomes more and more enmeshed until "There was a FIREFIGHT!".  Also note that Rocko was the only to sustain more than a flesh wound in the big shoot out - possible because he was in it for revenge, and not only for holy reasons?  And of course, the final point - if this happened in real life, would any of us adore them?  Would we fear them?  Would we help them?  How would we feel if the people who are supposed to protect us from this happening became part of it?
"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, My Lord, for Thee."
have a happy passover

1 comment:

  1. 1. 'Marti Joy Davidson Sichel' posted on the Mon 2 May 2005, 2:35 pm
    I guess no one has seen it? I know I haven't, though i'm told I should by more than a few people, and will get around to it soon. Perhaps I can borrow it when we get Avraham his hat back.

    ReplyDelete