Wednesday, June 23, 2004

first raw draft

You burned within me

Shouting truth

Wrenching my gut, tearing open my heart

 

Carefully cutting, I picked you

Out from within in me,

Chunks and splinters

 

Ripping my hands on you

Your fire

I breathed back with fire of my own

 

Pulling the charred skin back

To cover your hole

Your holes that flecked me, marked me

 

Anything to fill them,

To block the whistling emptiness

I was being consumed

 

Teeth, nails, blades, shards

Indistinguishable for the pricks to oblivion

- knowledge of your lies -

 

Rushing torrents of rage

Buffeting battering obliterating all I knew

Thought  I knew

 

Helplessly empty

Dropping to my knees

I cry out for you

4 comments:

  1. 1. 'A visitor' posted on the Wed 23 Jun 2004, 7:46 pm
    Glad to see marriage has mellowed you out.
    Me(r)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. 'Dani Weiss' posted on the Thu 24 Jun 2004, 12:54 pm
    nothing can mellow me out

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. 'A visitor' posted on the Thu 24 Jun 2004, 3:55 pm
    you want workshop style comments?
    charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4. 'Dani Weiss' posted on the Thu 24 Jun 2004, 4:03 pm
    yes, totally. please.
    CONSTRUCTIVE commenting is preferred, thank you

    ReplyDelete