Friday, April 30, 2004

email of the week:

an exchange between a stranger and myself earlier this week:

Stranger:
--- abaskin wrote:
> If you have interest in shidduchim   on my Web site
> and in my self,
> please welcome to the art network for therapist
> www.xxxxxxx   where is biggest
> collection animated
> pictures for therapy  and to the bible illustrated
> for therapy
> www.xxxxxxxx 
>  Best regards, Alex

Me:
Why are you emailing me?

where did you get my address?

if i do not get a response from you within the next
two days with a full explanation of why i recieved
your email, i will report you and your website as
spam.

Stranger:
--- wezit <abaskin> wrote:
> Your email  I received   from shiduch list, and sent
> to you request about
> your interest  in  this questions - it isn't spam,
> if you have not interest
> in shiduch, please inform me

Me:
thank you for the prompt response.

i should not be on any shidduch list as i have  not
signed myself onto any.

please let me know who gave you my email address.

Stranger:
--- wezit <abaskin> wrote:
> shidduch list 

Me:
where did you get this shidduch list, and from whom?

i would like to contact the person who gave you my
personal email address, if that's not too much to ask.

thank you

Stranger:
--- wezit <abaskin> wrote:
> http://www.thebronsteins.com/archives/000059.html

Me:
that website is my Chatan's website.

that link goes to an announcement about our engagment
party.

1. do not use his website to gather email addresses
for spamming.  you will be reported as a spammer.
it's illegal to do that.

2. i find it interesting that you saw my name and
email address on an engagement announcement and
decided it was a shidduch list.  you need to be much
more careful about what you're reading and what it
means.

 - i haven't heard from him since.  : )
although i'm starting to realize how bitchy engagement has made me...

8 comments:

  1. 1. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 2:54 am
    It doesn't count as bitchy when you're entitled.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. 'Dani Weiss' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 9:23 am
    what if it's waaaaaay more bitchy than anything i would have written before? actually, before, i would have written back and said "please remove me, thanks!!!! : )"
    ha. i'm taking on the world, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 12:03 pm
    Never thought of you as the smiley emoticon type. I'd rather think that *that* is how engagement has made you.
    Just emailed you "it" and posted it on the blog. Going to do final editing this afternoon/tonight. Blog has details.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 3:54 pm
    Meredith, you have a new blog?
    visitor

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 6:36 pm
    I think my previous comment makes the answer more than evident.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. 6. 'Dani Weiss' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 8:32 pm
    lol
    and got bless meredith!
    - stolen from the sound of music, with absolutely no permission by the author

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7. 'A visitor' posted on the Sun 2 May 2004, 10:46 pm
    Dani, I'm almost done. One sentence from my final paragraph is dedicated to you (I would tell it to you in person if you were here):
    "I believe, however, that the measure of one’s success is not in the quantity of pain endured, but the quality of character which emerges."
    This is what Dani teaches the world.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8. 'Dani Weiss' posted on the Mon 3 May 2004, 12:15 pm
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete