Wednesday, November 2, 2005

heads up

afternoon, lunch time.  pull out a bowl from the set i picked when i was much younger and really liked sunflowers.  take the eggs out of the fridge, crack one - okay, two - into the bowl.   debate using the stovetop, remember how effective it was to pop an egg in the microwave as a kid.  put the bowl in, and every 30 seconds, take it out and stir it up a bit with a fork.  take them out when they're done, fluffy, beautiful.  you can hear the steam in the eggs.  dig in with the fork, pulling out a beautiful hot piece of egg.   second bite, third bite - the steam sound gets louder.  then POP.  there's egg yolk on my arm, on the couch, on my face, in my hair, and in my eyes.  and it hurts.   put the eggs down, rush to the bathroom, and rinse out my eyes.  then storm back in, really angry, and EAT THOSE EGGS.  now they know who's boss in this equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment